Aliens VS. Predator (and other children's tales).When I walked out of the movie, I said one thing...
"That... that DIDN'T suck"
AVP wasn't bad... I was really suprised, expecting... hell HOPING for it to be awful.
There are a few things I would have done differently (Breaking the 11th commandment *thou shalt not ruin the cinema experience*) - possible spoilers follow:
1. Lance Henrikson should have been a more overbearing presence in the movie. It would have worked better if he would have known SOMETHING about perhaps the predators and gone after them and their technology (Like Paul Riser in Aliens, or Gary Busey in Predator 2 *shudder*)... He wouldn't share this info with the archeologists until it was too late. Perhaps he was privy to the events that occured in P1 and P2.
2. Bishop gets a crack team of the baddest ass marines posing as a normal "Security force" bent on taking on whatever they find, unknown to:
3. He should have recruited a excavation team because he had the guns, but not the know-how of deciphering the ruins, etc. (That and he needed fodder)
4. So now that you have the hostile corporation wanting nothing more than the technology... They get into the pyramid and basically tell the excavation team to piss off. He "Knows what he is doing" and starts pushing buttons (Such as setting the temple to the current date) and then all hell breaks loose as the aliens were freed.
5. Speaking of which... more time should have passed between the eggs being hatched and the facehuggers embedding aliens into the people trapped in the sacrificial chamber. It seemed to quick to have full grown aliens running around.
6. If they are going to do the whole "Badass chick who becomes a predator" thing - they should have had some... BADASS CHICK. Not some whiny survivalist. She could have been from the crack team... Or just some girl who knows how to handle herself.
7. TOO MANY COLORS. The reason why Alien, Aliens, and Predator worked so well was the LACK of colors. In A1 and A2, there were just drab colors, soft lights, etc. In P1 there was lush jungle with greens and dark colors. Take out the colors! That way it means more when you see predator blood or just blood in general.
Ah well, I will buy it when it comes out but they could have gone another way with some things.
Post a Comment